[WEB4LIB] WEB4LIB digest 3655

Greg Schwartz greg.schwartz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:29:16 EST 2005

What I love about Gorman's response is his delusion that "Rest assure
(sic) my views on 'blogs' have nothing to do with my activities as ALA
president-elect or president." Come again? Since when does one's
stance on a technology embraced by a perhaps small, yet definitely
outspoken segment of your constituency bear no connection with your
role as unifier? Since when does insulting said people, some of whom
likely voted for Mr. Gorman, constitute good PR for ALA amongst
librarians? And when does insulting the blogosphere as a whole
represent good PR for ALA in general? And how does this have nothing
to do with one's activities as president?!?!?!?

Greg Schwartz
Open Stacks - http://openstacks.net/os