[WEB4LIB] RE: FW: LJ: ALA Prez-Elect Gorman on the

Wilson,Alane wilsona at oclc.org
Fri Feb 25 09:39:23 EST 2005

Michael Gorman has said that his article was satire, and I am wondering
how that makes the offensive tone of the article any better? Satire is
(according to The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language):
Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or
stupidity.

So we bloggers are, in his published (and one assumes, edited) opinion,
stupid, wicked or foolish. Take your pick.

Alane Wilson, MLIS
Senior Library Market Consultant
Marketing and Library Services
OCLC