link resolver server - purchase or in-house?

Kwangsoo Han kwangsoohan at mail.und.nodak.edu
Thu Feb 24 12:05:18 EST 2005

This topic might have been discussed before, but I really would like to hear your experiences.

These days a few companies offer a link resolver system based on 'openURL.'
Has anyone set up and managed your own production-level 'link resolver server' in your library rather than purchasing?
I remember I have read a magazine article saying that it is easy to do that because of the flexibility and easiness of 'openURL', but I wonder HOW EASY it would be.

I encountered an open-source openURL resolver called 'OLinks' (http://olinks.sourceforge.net/). Has anybody have experience with that?

Thanks a lot,

Kwangsoo

Kwangsoo Han