[WEB4LIB] RE: E-mail discussion lists and blogs?

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu Feb 24 11:47:23 EST 2005

Three measurements I use are hits to the actual feed file, overall increase
in traffic, and how many Bloglines subscribers. None of these are real
measurements of who's reading the feed. However, taken together as a
picture, this is useful information. (For my personal feed, I add RSS 1 and
RSS 2 subscribers. LII only has one main feed.)

If anyone is using an aggregator other than Bloglines that tells you
subscriber levels for a particular feed, I'd like to know about it. Again,
Bloglines is nowhere near precise in terms of actual numbers (it's only one
aggregator's subscribers, who knows if they are reading the feed, etc.
etc.), but it's still a fascinating and I think helpful barometer.

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com