[WEB4LIB] Podcasting via cell phone

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Wed Feb 16 21:19:10 EST 2005

I heard a presentation of podcasting at a recent conference where the
presenter, Brendan Greeley of Public Radio Exchange, talked about cell phone
podcasting as a way for people in politically repressive countries (eek! I
almost wrote "companies" ;> ) to present their views. It was a fascinating
talk about using Web technologies for citizen empowerment.

However, though you have successfully broadcasted, you haven't really
podcast until you've made the sound file available via your RSS feed. :-)
Bill, have you tried picking up your feed with an podcast aggregator such as
ipodder? Does blogspot offer tips for enabling their RSS2 feeds for
podcasting?

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com