[WEB4LIB] Re: Firefox revolution over?

Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org
Wed Feb 16 13:01:53 EST 2005

I wasn't going to comment in this discussion, but my experience has been
almost the same as Thomas D's.

I use Firefox at work for all but one site--namely Onyx, which is carefully
designed so that it won't work with anything but IE.

If I had broadband at home, I'd use Firefox for all but one site--namely
the iNotes client, which won't work with anything but IE. (Because I'm on
dialup and usually only on the internet from home about 10-15 minutes,
unless I'm doing FTP work, it's not worth it to fire up two browsers.)

Other than those two sites, I have yet to encounter "problems" with
Firefox--which, on my computers, loads faster than IE and does a slightly
better job of printing printer-hostile web pages. And I don't even use tabs
(much).

Opera, on the other hand...well, never mind. (The last version I tried
couldn't handle Unicode properly, among other things.)

I'm not anxious to rush back into Mother Microsoft's embrace--and it's
worth noting that I *like* MS Word better than any competitor I've used. I
also like competition.

-walt crawford, RLG but only my own experience/opinion-