[WEB4LIB] re: web services (was: Re: library marketing was RE: Google

Larry Campbell larry.campbell at ubc.ca
Tue Feb 15 12:14:24 EST 2005

I'm wondering if anyone knows of libraries that link directly to Amazon
(and/or B&N, Powell's, isbn.nu, other catalogs, etc.) from their own
catalog, using an ISBN (sort of the reverse of Udell's LibraryLookUp
bookmarklet)? A reason for doing so would be to take advantage of the
increasingly rich supply of additional item information that such sites
present -- e.g., reviews, "search inside" features, direct links to
other works that cite this book, etc. (not to mention the possibility of
additional revenue through referrals).

Larry Campbell
Librarian, Information Technology Services
UBC Library
Email: larry.campbell at ubc.ca
Telephone: (604) 822-2076