[WEB4LIB] RE: Library blog question

Neatrour, Anna aneatr01 at ase.tufts.edu
Tue Feb 8 17:48:00 EST 2005

I have to say, I think having category feeds enabled on a library blog is potentially useful in many ways. A user may only be interested in events coming from the YA department. Categories also provide a quick way of seeing which subject areas of the blog are most active. Here we use a blog for internal communication, and we have an "e-mail this post" plugin (in wordpress) which allows us to e-mail selected content. I don't see how providing more options for users (even if one of them is e-mail) is taking away from the new service the blog will provide.

-Anna