[Web4lib] Fwd: [CIRCPLUS] Student admits he lied about Mao book

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Dec 26 23:48:36 EST 2005

As some of us suspected, the whole thing was a fraud. Lots of
librarians and others all excited over nothing. Were it up to me, I'd
release the guy's name and hope that some sanctions can be taken
against him.

dan

*NEW BEDFORD -- The UMass Dartmouth student who claimed to have
been visited by Homeland Security agents over his request for
"The Little Red Book" by Mao Zedong has admitted to making up
the entire story.*

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/12-05/12-24-05/a01lo719.htm

Amy Wolfe, MLS Librarian
Chief of Access Services
ILL Librarian and Women's Studies Selector
The City College of the City University of New York
138th St @ Convent Ave
NAC 2/310
New York NY 10031

E-mail:  awolfe AT ccny DOT cuny DOT edu
Phone:   (212) 650-7601
FAX:     (212) 650-7648

Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA
www.riverofdata.com  www.gailndan.com