[Web4lib] can anyone suggest a service that will meet these requirements?

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:03:24 EST 2005

I haven't seen much in the way of downloadable calendar software that
is very good and/or meets your requirements. However, if you decide to
home-grow a solution you might want to take a look at other popular
event calendars online. You probably already have but here are some of
the bigger ones:

upcoming.org - bought by Yahoo, the one I like the best. iCal and RSS
output along with an API

eventful.com -  similar to upcoming.org

meetup.com - while not exactly an events site it is easy to use and
many people use it to organize get togethers.

Hopefully that gives you some inspiration. Since some of them have
API's you may be able to build something on top of them.

Ryan Eby
Michigan State University