[Web4lib] web page statistics

Karen Harker Karen.Harker at UTSouthwestern.edu
Tue Dec 20 11:07:42 EST 2005

FYI - According to their site, they still are not accepting new
registrations.  All you can do is sign up to be notified when they open
the enrollment again.

Karen R. Harker, MLS
UT Southwestern Medical Library
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX  75390-9049
214-648-8946
http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/library/

>>> Richard Wiggins <richard.wiggins at gmail.com> 12/20/2005 9:17 AM >>>

Google announced one, called Google Analytics, several weeks ago.
Unfortunately so many people signed up that they ended up closing new
registrations for a while.  Now they appear to have opened it up again
for
limited enrollment.

The service is at: http://www.google.com/analytics/ or
analytics.google.com.

The service requires you to put a snippet of code into each page you
want
monitored.  Depending on how you manage your site, that could be
trivial or
it could be a royal pain.

There are serious privacy concerns, and this method won't count pages
viewed
by browsers that aren't running JavaScript.

/rich