[Web4lib] AJAX on library websites?

David Walker dwalker at csusm.edu
Mon Dec 19 14:37:02 EST 2005

Hi Amy, et al.,

I've been putting together an A9-style search for the Library here at
San Marcos using AJAX as part of a project we call 'Xerxes'.  It's still
in beta (and a little rough around the edges), but the book search is
functioning alright:

http://library.csusm.edu/search/books/

We're using our catalog's (Innovative) XML server as well as the Melvyl
(Aleph) XML server to bring back results, as well as some screen
scrappers for our regional union catalog and Britannica.

The plan will be to incorporate our article databases using the Metalib
X-Server, which would appear as the 'journal and newspaper' column, or
perhaps in certain cases using the XML gateways of individual databases
where advantageous.

--Dave

David Walker
Web Development Librarian