[Web4lib] Subscriber Removal Clarification

JB Bryant jbnmia at zoominternet.net
Fri Dec 16 16:40:37 EST 2005

To say Chuck broke the policy, but it's OK because of mitigating
circumstances, is the definition of discriminatory.

Dealing with Chuck by himself, judged only against the policies rather
than against the actions of others, is by definition
non-discriminatory.

Now, if more than one person equally broke policy, but they are not
dealt with equally, there is another discrimination issue to deal with.
But that is a separate topic from whether Chuck should have been
penalized.

I did use the phrase "equally broke policy" intentionally. It does
bring some subjectivism into the issue, but not entirely. For instance,
Chuck was a repeat offender and had been warned and banned in the past.
Is that true of other offenders? If so, they should receive the same
treatment as Chuck. If not, they should receive the same treatment as
Chuck did on his first offense.

Whoops, I almost strayed off of my point. To reiterate, Chuck needs to
be dealt with ion accordance with Chuck's actions. Others need to be
dealt with in accordance with their own actions.

J.B. Bryant
Knowledge CPT
Orrville, OH