[Web4lib] Wikiversity

RL Hartman lisrochelle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 11:40:51 EST 2005

Not quite the same, but there is precedent for Wikiversity:
One of the projects to come from the Berkeley Free Speech movement was the
Free University:
http://www.pagetwister.com/generic/templates/news_wide.cfm?id=458&secver=sec2name&pid=10&storyid=1432

My girls when to a parent cooperative pre/grade school in the late 90s that
had been inspired by the Free University (and modeled after the British
Infant School).  By the time we got there, it was more of a regular school,
with certified teachers and a curriculum, but still a wonderful,
openlearning environment). (Mulberry
School <http://www.mulberryschool.com/about.htm#jump_history> is still in
existence 30+ years later, after having started in someone's living room by
a bunch of hippie parents in who didn't like how and what their kids were
learning in public school,  and who decided they could do it better
themselves.)  I'm looking forward to watching Wikiversity unfold.

Rochelle Hartman
Bloomington Public Library