[Web4lib] Wikipedia vs Britannica

Even Flood evflood at broadpark.no
Thu Dec 15 13:14:36 EST 2005

Roy Tennant wrote:

> Worse than simply being "bad form" it violates the policy of this
> list as stated at <http://lists.webjunction.org/web4lib/>:
>
> "All postings must be free of copyright restrictions that limit
> distribution. For example, posting a significant amount of a
> copyrighted work verbatim requires the permission of the copyright
> holder. To verify that such permission was obtained, all postings of
> this nature must include a statement that this is the case."
>
> All participants of this discussion are required to adhere to
> discussion policies or risk expulsion. Thank you everyone, for your
> cooperation.
> Roy Tennant
> Web4Lib Owner

I fully agree with that, although I am grateful to James for posting the
papers so I could read it, I am very interested in the matter at hand.
And also thanks to Roy Tennant who just below the lines quoted above
reposted the whole article...

Even

--
Even Flood,  Senior Academic Librarian
Ilevollen 3e
evflood at broadpark.no
http://home.broadpark.no/~evflood/
"Come, and take choice of all my library, and so  beguile thy sorrow."
                                 (Shakespeare)