[Web4lib] Wikipedia vs Britannica

James Jacobs radlib at urbana.indymedia.org
Thu Dec 15 13:17:14 EST 2005

*sigh* Looks like it has devolved. There is clearly disagreement on what
constitutes fair use. I am not a lawyer, but I've not seen any cases of
publishers suing listservs for copyright infringement. My intent was to
help those who could not access the article (see Even Flood's post) and
was clearly, IMHO, within my fair use rights.

Let's get back to the wikipedia discussion shall we? There's no need to
scrub the archive of this one article. The fair use/listserv debate would
make a fertile panel discussion at a future conference or on liblicense
(http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/index.shtml). I'd certainly be
willing to sit on that one ;-)

Regards,

James Jacobs