[Web4lib] gallery/museum software experience?

J. Trant jtrant at archimuse.com
Mon Dec 12 15:17:23 EST 2005

Nina,

There are a couple of authoritative places to go for this kind of information:

- the Museum Computer Network (http://www.mcn.edu) and their email
list  mcn-l at mcn.edu is the way to connect with Museum Professionals
involved in collections management.

- The Canadian Heritage Information Network has published a
"Collections Management Software Review" for  a number of years now.
See
http://www.chin.gc.ca/English/Collections_Management/Software_Review/index.html

"The Reviews are based upon intensive examinations of individual
collections management software packages and comments from the
evaluators. The evaluations were conducted using a checklist of over
500 functional items. "

jennifer

J. Trant				jtrant at archimuse.com
Partner & Principal Consultant		phone: +1 416 691 2516
Archives & Museum Informatics	fax: +1 416 352 6025
158 Lee Ave, Toronto
Ontario M4E 2P3 Canada		http://www.archimuse.com