[Web4lib] Firefox 1.5 and OpenURL referrer... any luck?

cpikas.14607360 at bloglines.com cpikas.14607360 at bloglines.com
Fri Dec 2 15:43:43 EST 2005

Too funny!  I just installed both of the other ideas and then re-dowloaded
it... and saw the version was updated.

Thanks for a great extension and
great response!

Thank you, too, for the others who answered.

In case
someone didn't know what I meant, there's an extension for the browser Firefox
that shows the SFX (or other resolver) link with the record.  It works in
Connotea, too. It's pretty cool.

Christina.

--- Eric Hellman <eric at openly.com
wrote:
This is fixed.

> We looked at FireFox 1.5 and didn't expect to
have any compatibility
> issues with the extension, but we forgot to change
the entries in the
> install and update files that indicate the version
compatibility.
> Because we implemented auto-update for the extension, it's
likely
> that when you changed the install.rdf, the browser still wanted
> check for the update.rdf file online.
>
> Having said that, be sure
sure to let us know if you discover any
> quirks with the extension in Firefox
1.5. It was only after feedback
> from users that we were able to diagnose
some rather subtle
> extension-conflict problems in 1.0.
>
> OpenURL
Referreris a Firefox extension that  turns embedded COinS on
> web pages
into OpenURL 0.1 or 1.0 links, and it also adds linking to
It's available at http://www.openly.com/openurlref/

> Sorry for the temporary
inconvenience!

> Eric
>
> >Hi All-
> >I jumped in with both feet
yesterday and upgraded to the new firefox
> >1.5.  I then realized that I
couldn't find a working OpenURL referrer plug-in.
> >  For other plugins,
they say to rename the file to .zip, open the .rdf, edit
> >the line that
says max version, save, add to the .zip, change name to .xpi...
> >I did
all this but no luck.

> >Ideas?  Anyone already fixed this?
> >

>BTW-
> >I've just convinced a pile of my users to install this extension,
oops.

> >Thanks,
> >Christina
>
> --
>
> Eric Hellman,
President                            Openly Informatics, Inc.
> eric at openly.com
                                   2 Broad St., 2nd Floor
> tel 1-973-509-7800
fax 1-734-468-6216              Bloomfield, NJ 07003
> http://www.openly.com/1cate/
     1 Click Access To Everything