[Web4lib] Kiosk Software

Jocelyn Shaw redfernshaw at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 09:03:46 EST 2005

Hi Cathryn,

  I don't know if this will work for you, but we use Mozilla as the  browser for our public access catalogs.  It has a kiosk  extension.  We had to install jslib for it to run.  The jslib  is found at http://www.mozdevgroup.com/clients/bm/index.html  .   The extension for Mozilla is at the Mozilla site.   The last time I looked, it was not available for Firefox.  You can  create a whitelist to control which sites the browser will allow.   We have been quite happy with it.

  Jocelyn

Original post:
Any recomendations on kiosk software?  I have 5 public stations on a blade
server.   thanks

Cathryn Bowie
Electronic Services Librarian
State of Oregon Law Library