[Web4lib] Problems with Emerald Insight

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Fri Aug 26 15:32:12 EDT 2005

I'm reminded by the ALA web site fiasco a while back. I don't know
why organizations think releasing a web site before it is properly
tested could ever possibly be a good thing. Hang the schedule. If you
put it out there before it's time it will come back to haunt you.
Library Journal was another web site release fiasco. Hey people, talk
to your customers every now and then _before_ foisting a new site on
us. We would be wise to remember this the next time we get caught up
in thinking our new web site is the best thing since sliced bread.
Will the users of our new web site feel the same way?
Roy