[Web4lib] IE6 problem

Michele Haytko michele.haytko at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 14:36:54 EDT 2005

Hello all!

We've found a problem when printing frames through IE6.  If anyone has
had this problem and has found a workaround, I'd love to hear it.

A patron visits a website with frames and wants certain frames.  They
go to print preview, all frames individually.  This brings up the page
count in the PP header.  So, you decide you want pages 3-4 and tell it
to print those pages.  Then... nothing happens....

For example, check out this page:
http://www.mortons.com/website/htmldocs/load_frames.html?kitchen.html

Go to print preview.

Select "all frames individually".  Notice in the Print Preview header
that you go from 1 page to 1-4 pages.  You'll notice the menu is pgs
3-4.

Now look at the headers of the pgs themselves.  Notice that page 1
says "1 of 1" as does page 2.  Page 3 says "page 1 of 2" and page 4
says "page 2 of 2".  (This is why we think the printer doesnt
recognize it when you say print pages 3-4).

We tried telling it to print pgs 1-2 only and we got all 4 pages
(because we have 3  "page 1" hits.

So Computer Gurus.... Any workarounds that you know of? Any help would
be much appreciated.

Thanks,
michele

--
Mrs. C. Michele Haytko

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi