[Web4lib] Outside disk usage

Thomas Edelblute TEdelblute at anaheim.net
Tue Aug 16 11:40:40 EDT 2005

I encourage people to bring in USB flash drives.  They are more reliable
than floppy disks and are easier to teach people how to use than
CD-R/CD-RW.

There is no problems accessing the port in the front of the computer. I
can lock down the group policy to deny them the ability to write to the
C drive and leave open them full control over their "removable device".
I like to change the CMOS so the first bootable device is the C: drive
so they cannot boot from a CD or flash drive.  Also with group policy,
you can create a list of allowable executable files to run thus reducing
the risk to your PCs.

I believe that those who are not allowing access to the flash drive are
doing a dis-service to their community.

Thomas Edelblute
Anaheim Public Library
Public Access Systems Coordinator