[Web4lib] Outside disk usage

Michele Haytko michele.haytko at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:48:56 EDT 2005

Hi all!  I apologize in advance for any cross-posting.  I am
interested in how other libraries handle outside disks.  Our Computer
Lab does not allow outside disks at all.  We provide disks for a
nominal fee and patrons may keep their disks in the Lab for later use.
 Once a disk is removed, it is not permitted back in the Lab.  In the
event that a patron is caught using an outside disk, they are formally
warned, and on any subsequent occasion, they are banned from the Lab
for 30 days.  My question is this: if a patron is caught using an
outside disk and leaves their disk in the Lab, what are other
libraries doing with the abandoned diskette?

Any thoughts you have would be very appreciated!

Thanks!
Michele

--
Mrs. C. Michele Haytko

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi