[Web4lib] Looking for a site-search program that indexes multipleservers

Robert Sullivan rsullivan at sals.edu
Wed Aug 10 17:14:16 EDT 2005

>Our library website has pages on 4 different servers for various
reasons.
Does there exist a service/program that will index parts of different
servers, instead of crawling just a single domain?

>We currently use Atomz, but I am not sure if it allows indexing of
certain
folders on multiple servers. And Google SiteSearch does just a single
domain, I think. Any thoughts/recommendations on this would be
appreciated!

FreeFind has no limit on additional servers beyond the main limit of
32MB of HTML.

Bob Sullivan  <rsullivan at sals.edu>
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)  <http://www.scpl.org/>
Schenectady Digital History Archive