[Web4lib] Best way to search a pdf

A. Bullen abullen at ameritech.net
Wed Aug 10 11:00:33 EDT 2005

In my other role as executive editor of the American Morris Newsletter
(http://www.americanmorrisnews.org/), I have begun the long and painful
process of digitizing and placing on the web all of the back (paper)
issues of the newsletter
(http://www.americanmorrisnews.org/pastissues.html). I PDF these, run
paper capture against the resulting file,  FTP them to the server, and
run SWISH-E against them. It works wonderfully-- see
http://www.americanmorrisnews.org/searchtools/search.cgi, run a search
for Marlboro.

Andy Bullen
Illinois State Library