[Web4lib] RSS

Houghton, Sarah SHoughton at co.marin.ca.us
Mon Aug 8 12:29:43 EDT 2005

The two options that I am familiar with are:

RMail: http://www.kbcafe.com/rss/rss2smtp.aspx
and
rss2email: http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/rss2email/

I prefer RSS to e-mail because I can access it on my terms, when I want to, and exactly what I want to.  With e-mail listservs, I feel "pushed upon," whereas with RSS, I know all the information is sitting there happily, waiting for me to read it when I'm ready.  Because I subscribe to nearly 300 RSS feeds, if all of those came in through e-mail I would become, in short, insane.  To each his or her own, of course!

Sarah Houghton