[Web4lib] RSS

Mike Taylor mike at miketaylor.org.uk
Mon Aug 8 12:20:29 EDT 2005

> Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 08:55:47 -0700
> From: "D.H. Mattison" <dmattison at shaw.ca>
>
> Ditto on Sarah Houghton's excellent response. A presentation I gave
> in May to the Ontario Library and Information Technology Association
> touches on how RSS can be used in a library settings:
> http://www.accessola.com/olita/images/digitalodyssey05/collab_web_tools_3rd_Draft.ppt

I dislike having to receive RSS alerts when I already have a perfectly
good alerting mechanism -- email -- that's been serving me well for
two decades.  Does anyone know of a simple RSS-to-email gateway that
will periodically poll the RSS feeds I am interested in and email the
results to me?  Thanks.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <mike at miketaylor.org.uk>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "It takes a certain kind of bad writer to write badly sincerely"
	 -- Richard Sherbaniuk.