[Web4lib] Form: Invalid email address in reply-to field Mistake in coding is a mystery to me; can someone help?

Joan Graham jgraham at starklibrary.org
Tue Aug 2 17:49:00 EDT 2005

I've done lots of forms for our site at http://www.starklibrary.org using Dreamweaver. Usually if I have a new form to do, I copy and paste from the revelant portions of a form already made and being used on the site. These forms are on our in-house server and the form runs on the script formmail.asp.
When the user completes and submits the form, the script returns a page like the info below, telling the user what has been sent:
Thank you, the following information has been sent: realname yy streetaddress yy city yy state yy zip yy country yy email jgraham at starklibrary.org name vv eventtype Marriage search 1871-1875 eventdate vv eventdate2 vv info vv multiplelistings vv alllistings furtherinfo vv

Lately I've had a couple of forms to do, and have used my normal method of copy and paste from older forms. When the form was on the server for preliminary testing, and I submitted my input, I got this:

Form could not be processed due to the following errors:
*	Invalid email address in reply-to field: .

	At the time, we were having trouble with our server, but it is now running fine. Today I made the form http://www.starklibrary.org/assignmentalert.html and upon testing the form I got  this same error. I tried using several different email addresses in the recipients field, to no avail. All of the other forms on our site work fine, as they always have. Can someone please tell me: 1. Is there a mistake in the code; if so, how to correct it  2. Since there is no field in the form named reply-to, where is the problem? TIA

Joan K. Graham, Webmaster/Trainer
Stark County District Library
715 Market Ave North
Canton Ohio 44702