[Web4lib] authentication webpage

edruda at suffolk.lib.ny.us edruda at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Mon Aug 1 13:53:56 EDT 2005

First post here, although I've been a long time lurker.  :-)

We recently bought a subscription to Recorded Books downloadable audiobooks,
which works with Net Library.  In order to have patrons create an account to
checkout the audios, we want them to log in from anywhere with a barcode.
Right now, Net Library requires IP authentication to create an account.  They
say if we want barcode authentication, we have to create a secure interim
page ourselves that would redirect to the audiobooks.

Is there anyone out there that can help get me started building such a page?
I'm guessing there is some script that would look for a certain string of
numbers in a field, and that would be enough.  But I'm kind of foggy about
exactly how to do that....

Ellen Druda
Dix Hills, NY

--