remote authentication and unix

Sandra Cahillane scahilla at baypath.edu
Wed Apr 13 15:34:52 EDT 2005

Hello all,

We just purchased a lovely, new IBM server with AIX on it.  Sadly, ezproxy
no longer maintains software for this platform.  We would very much like to
be our own proxy server for remote authentication.  I would love any and
all ideas and suggestions (or workarounds for ezproxy) that people could
suggest as possible solutions for remote authentication for a unix box for
a non-programmer systems administrator.

I am familiar with cgi-scripts.  Would a cgi-script work for remote access?
Primarily what I want is a seamless, one click authentication process for
users that will direct them to the correct page (database listing or remote
access logon page)  depending on whether they are on-campus or off.

It's good to know you're here when I need you! :)

Thanks,

Sandy Cahillane
Systems and Reference Librarian
Bay Path College