[WEB4LIB] IM IDs on business cards

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Wed Apr 20 14:02:02 EDT 2005

On Wed, April 20, 2005 9:44 am, Atwater Singer, Margaret said:
> Does anyone include their IM IDs on their business cards?  My university
> does not have a formal chat reference service (staffing) but I want
> students to be able to ask me questions whenever and however suits them
> best.  Any thoughts?

I think this is an excellent example of outreach.  The twenty-somethings
who populate my work place, have their chat application on all the time.
I think if you approach it like email reference -- each person has a
personal handle and the department has a joint one, it ought to work out
fine.

LEO

Leo Robert Klein
www.leoklein.com