OAI4 call for contributions and participation

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Wed Apr 20 13:01:32 EDT 2005

  The Organizing Committee invites you to attend the CERN Workshop on
  Innovations in Scholarly Communication (OAI4) from 20th-22nd October
  2005. This fourth workshop in the series, which began life as the Open
  Archives Initiative Workshop in 2001, is a forum for technical issues
  associated with scholarly communication.

  Details are found on the conference web site http://cern.ch/oai4 where
  registration will open from 2nd May 2005.

  For the first time, a call for contributions is being made. Submissions
  are welcome from 2nd until 31st May 2005. Contributions to the technical
  session on Thursday 20 October will deal with the latest in computing
  and information technology that can be used in scholarly communication
  or that has been specifically designed for such use.  For the Friday,
  21 October sessions, we invite contributions on innovative applications
  of OAI technologies to scholarly communication and issues connected
  with managing repositories and the relationships with publishers. For
  the session on Saturday morning, we invite contributions on how OAI
  technologies can be used to enhance the distribution of primary
  scientific data.

  We also invite suggestions for breakout sessions as well as posters
  for a poster session. These contributions can deal with any issue
  related innovation in the scholarly communication process.

  Confirmed sessions are already entered into the agenda but check back
  from time to time to see the new slots as these are added. Conference
  announcements will also be placed on the website http://cern.ch/oai4

  On behalf of the OAI4 Organising Committee,

  Thomas Krichel                      mailto:krichel at openlib.org
                                 http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                             RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel