petition to LexisNexis for direct linking to articles

Kenneth R. Irwin kirwin at wittenberg.edu
Tue Apr 12 15:11:04 EDT 2005

>From: "dscharf" <dscharf at nkrassociates.com>
>
>I have asked about this repeatedly over the last several years with
>representatives of Lexis-Nexis, and the response has always been that it was
>technically very difficult (costly) for them and that they were not planning
>to do it.

The reps I've talked to have said it was not a technical issue but a desire
issue; they wanted people to have to use their databases on purpose and not
incidentally. I wonder if there is a discernable truth...

Ken

Ken Irwin                                               kirwin at wittenberg.edu
Reference/Electronic Resources Librarian        (937) 327-7594
Thomas Library, Wittenberg University