Huge file delivery

A. Bullen abullen at ameritech.net
Thu Apr 28 16:35:33 EDT 2005

All--

Forgive  a naive question, but I have never had to deal with the
following situation and I don't know how to it off. We will be in
receipt of a very large GPS data set consisting of files that total 1
terabyte all together; I think the individual data sets are 20-30 GB a
piece.

Does anyone have a suggestion how I can successfully distribute files
this large on an on-demand basis? I can put them on servers that share a
T-3, but I am not sure FTP can handle this size and scope of file
transmission.

Like I said, probably a naive question, but any insight would be helpful.

Andrew Bullen
Illinois State Library