how to create a password protected forum/blog

Petter Naess pnaess at usa.no
Wed Apr 27 07:33:59 EDT 2005

Can someone recommend a free software or service that would allow one to
create a blog-like (or forum) interface (webbased) through which a closed
group of people could communicate?  The dialogue, in contrast to a
conventional blog, would be accessible only to members of the group.
Blogger.com would serve this purpose if it still supported
password-protected sites, but I believe that is a thing of the past. My
objective is to create a discussion group that will function in much the
same way as a listserv, but in which threads will be presented on screen, as
in a blog or a forum rather than in emails. I'm grateful for suggestions!

Petter Næss
Information Resource Director
U.S.Embassy, Public Affairs
Drammensveien 18