[WEB4LIB] Public Internet Computers

Genny Engel gengel at sonoma.lib.ca.us
Tue Sep 14 16:39:58 EDT 2004

We switched from PAC for Windows to CybraryN.  There's a bunch of other
stuff on the PCs besides CybraryN, but I believe it's CybraryN that's
handling what items show up as available programs.

http://www.cybraryn.com/

Genny Engel
Internet Librarian
Sonoma County Library
gengel at sonoma.lib.ca.us
707 545-0831 x581

>>> Connie Hudson <connie.hudson at flower-mound.com> 09/14/04 12:40PM

I need to replace a program we are currently using to hide the desktop.
The
program runs from Startup and presents the user with 5 buttons for the
programs we allow on our public computers. I want to replace the
program,
not only because it is no longer supported, but also because it seems
to be
causing more and more headaches for me and the reference staff.

We have 5 WinNT computers and 4 Win98 computers. The WinNTs have
Centurion
Guard and the Win98s have Deep Freeze. Is anyone using or know of a
program
similar to what I'm using (it's called Pac for Windows) that would hide
the
desktop from the user and present them with a menu or buttons for
programs
they can use? Are most libraries allowing the customer to see the
desktop?

Thanks,
Connie

Connie Hudson, Systems Coordinator
connie.hudson at flower-mound.com
Flower Mound Public Library
3030 Broadmoor  Flower Mound, TX   75022
972-874-6161  fax 972-874-6466