[WEB4LIB] OA-PMH journals

Eric Hellman eric at openly.com
Thu Sep 23 20:18:57 EDT 2004

The math and statistics journals at Project
Euclid distribute metadata with OAI-PMH, and a
few of the Project Euclid titles are either
Open-Access or partly Open-Access.

Openly produces an Open-Access title for the
Materials Research Society; the decision not to
do OAI-PMH was partly because of a perception
that Google did such a good job indexing the
journal that an OAI interface would add very
little. There is no solution in sight for the
metadata quality problem that Eric Morgan
mentioned.

--

Eric Hellman, President                            Openly Informatics, Inc.
eric at openly.com                                    2 Broad St., 2nd Floor