Free and/or OA journals in librarianship

george at library.caltech.edu george at library.caltech.edu
Thu Sep 23 15:01:18 EDT 2004

Today's launch of Biomedical Digital Libraries [see note on Open Access
News <http://tinyurl.com/4wqxe>], hosted by BioMed Central
<http://biomedcentral.com>, got me to thinking about the tools of the
librarian trade.  Here are the complete fulltext journals, either free
or Open Access, which come to my mind.  I'm sure I'll miss a few, which
is why I'm casting a pretty wide net.

D-Lib Magazine
Fulltext v1+ (1995+)
http://www.dlib.org/
ISSN: 1082-9873

Cultivate Interactive
Fulltext no1-9 (2000-2003)
http://www.cultivate-int.org/
ISSN: 1471-3225

Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship
Fulltext no0+ (1991+)
http://www.istl.org/
ISSN: 1092-1206

Current Cites
Fulltext v1+ (1990+)
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/CurrentCites/
ISSN: 1060-2356

Public-Access Computer Systems Review (PACS Review)
Fulltext v1-9 (1990-1998)
http://info.lib.uh.edu/pr/pacsrev.html
ISSN: 1048-6542

Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large (CI:CaL)
Fulltext v1+ (2001+)
http://cites.boisestate.edu/
ISSN: 1534-0937

Ariadne
Fulltext no1+ (1996+)
http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/
ISSN: 1361-3200

First Monday
Fulltext v1+ (1996+)
http://firstmonday.org/
ISSN: 1396-0466

Journal of Electronic Publishing
Fulltext v1-8 (1995-2002)
http://www.press.umich.edu/jep/
ISSN: 1080-2711

Learned Publishing
Fulltext v10+ (1997+) 1 year moving wall
http://www.ingentaselect.com/rpsv/cw/alpsp/09531513/contp1.htm
Print ISSN: 0953-1513 | Online ISSN: 1741-4857

Bulletin of the Medical Library Association
Fulltext v1-89 (1911-2001)
http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/tocrender.fcgi?action=archive&journal=72
ISSN: 0025-7338

Journal of the Medical Library Association
Fulltext v90+ (2002+)
http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/tocrender.fcgi?action=archive&journal=93
ISSN: 1536-5050

Technology Electronic Reviews
Fulltext v1+ (1994+)
http://www.lita.org/ala/lita/litapublications/ter/tertechnology.htm
ISSN: 1533-9165

Sadly, of the several titles listed with definitive end dates, only one
results from a title change.  JEP has been missing in action for more
than 2 years pending a relocation to Columbia University Press.

George S. Porter
Sherman Fairchild Library of Engineering & Applied Science
California Institute of Technology
Mail Code 1-43, Pasadena, CA 91125-4300
Telephone (626) 395-3409 Fax (626) 431-2681
http://library.caltech.edu
contributor http://stlq.info |
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/fosblog.html