[WEB4LIB] WEB4LIB digest 3498

James Tuttle jtuttle at prairienet.org
Mon Sep 27 17:41:17 EDT 2004

> On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 14:44, K Sanchez wrote:
> > I am very familiar with using MS FrontPage software for building and
> > maintaining our website.  Recently, we switched to a Linux operating system.
> >   The Frontpage extensions are not compatible with Linux.  I've heard that
> > there are also problems with Linux users using Dreamweaver.  Does anyone
> > know if there is a comprable Web Site Software  to Frontpage that is
> > compatible with a Linux Operating System?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > Kathie Sanchez

Dreamweaver does work with Linux provided you spend the time to
configure Wine or purchase the CrossOver Office plugin.  There are
several other free options including Nvu, OpenOffice, and Quanta Plus.

Wine: http://www.winehq.com/
Nvu: http://nvu.com/
CrossOver Office: http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/
Quanta Plus: http://quanta.sourceforge.net/