[WEB4LIB] Web software for Linux Operating System

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon Sep 27 09:26:20 EDT 2004

I'm not sure what you mean by "Frontpage extensions are not compaitble
with Linux".  I've "inherited" a server that, to my knowledge, is using
Frontpage extensions for Unix from Microsoft.  It's a combination of
Apache, PHP, Frontpage Extensions, and MySQL.  I'm currently trying to
figure out myself how Frontpage publishes to the WEB site never having
even used Frontpage before.  I can create the "website" in front page
and see all the files but now I'm looking for forms(I think) that
someone else developed for the site which 3 Universities and 2 public
entities are sharing.  This other person also wrote a java front end
that appears to load the data and graphics into MySQL although it
doesn't appear to be connecting.  Getting in touch with and getting
replies from this person is like pulling teeth.

But in your case, here is an article in the knowledge base at MS, this
might help give you a start.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=202198&product=fp2kse

hope this helps,

Thomas