[WEB4LIB] RE: Moving from HTML4.01 to XML

Pons, Lisa (ponslm) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed Sep 22 15:58:16 EDT 2004

Dreamweaver can help: you can set it up to work with valid xhtml.

But first, how many pages roughly are we talking about?
I would think a valid template. Then valid content, and put the two
together. Dreamweaver also has a convert to xhtml function, but I believe
you must do it on a page by page basis.

You can also use find and replace...

Find <P> replace with <p> etc....

I think it depends on how many pages we are talking about.

There is an interesting tutorial here on converting static pages to
templates:
http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com/tutorials/tutconvert.cfm

Lisa Pons-Haitz

Webmaster