[WEB4LIB] RE: Acrobat 6

Jodi Anderson jodi at waikato.ac.nz
Thu Sep 2 17:11:12 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 08:27, Linda Schwartz wrote:
> According to a recent issue of PC World, Acrobat 6 is having trouble
> freezing up IE.  According to the author, there is nothing you can do
> until Adobe comes up with a fix because once you have upgraded to
> Acrobat 6, you can't go back to version 5. I have had problems with PDFs
> ever since I downloaded Acrobat 6.

It is possible to revert back to 5. I have run across a few problems
with Adobe Reader 6 and in testing performed multiple reinstalls of both
5.1 & 6 on Windows XP Pro. Providing one is uninstalled prior to
installation of the other and the machine is rebooted, there shouldn't
be any problems. I am currently running 5.1 and have had very few
occasions where a PDF hasn't opened.

Jodi

Jodi W. Anderson, Mr (BA, A+, MCP) - Computer Systems Consultant
Waikato University Library - Computing Operations Group
Ph: +64 7 838 4323
email: jodi at waikato.ac.nz

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've
forgotten this before."