[WEB4LIB] PHP and MySQL workshops

Robert_H_Scheier at SPFLDCOL.EDU Robert_H_Scheier at SPFLDCOL.EDU
Wed Oct 13 14:38:38 EDT 2004

Simmons is have a one day session on php and SQL.

http://www.simmons.edu/gslis/continuinged/workshops/simmons.shtml#deliver

Delivering Databases Via the Web Using PHP and MySQL: An Introduction
Saturday, December 4, 2004
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
One Palace Road, Room P213

This full-day, hands-on workshop will introduce you to one of the hottest
technologies for delivering databases over the web: the Apache-PHP-MySQL
open source solution. Participants will learn how to configure and manage
the three software packages in a Windows operating environment; use
Structured Query Language (SQL) to build, update, and modify databases on
MySQL; and create basic PHP scripts to control the flow of data to and from
the servers via HTML pages. Each participant will receive a detailed
workbook and a diskette containing a variety of PHP scripts. Prerequisites:
Strong familiarity with Windows OS, including managing files/folders using
Windows Explorer; ability to create HTML tables; and a basic knowledge of
database structure (tables, fields/columns, records/rows). No knowledge of
SQL or PHP is assumed. Limited to 15 participants. Faculty: Michael R.
Leach, Librarian of the Kummel Library and Physics Research Library,
Harvard University, and Adjunct Faculty, Graduate School of Library and
Information Science, Simmons College, mrleach at fas.harvard.edu

|         |           Andro Gagne       |
|         |           <apgagne at frontiern|
|         |           et.net>           |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           web4lib at sunsite3.b|
|         |           erkeley.edu       |
|         |           10/13/2004 02:34  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           apgagne           |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at sunsite3.berkeley.edu>                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [WEB4LIB] PHP and MySQL workshops                                                            |

             Or Rochester, New York.  I'd possibly be even more interested
in a
workshop on PostgreSQL.

Quoting Mark Gooch <mgooch at wooster.edu>:

 >I would appreciate it if folks would  recommend any PHP and MySQL
 >workshops, preferably in close proximity to Ohio.  I can summarize for
 >the list.
 >
 >Thanks
 >Mark

Best regards,