[WEB4LIB] Re: Google Print

gary price gary at resourceshelf.com
Wed Oct 6 12:34:02 EDT 2004

Barbara Quint has just posted an article about the new service here:
http://www.infotoday.com/newsbreaks/nb041006-1.shtml

George:
thanks for posting my comments on SEW with info about similar
services libraries have offered for years.

Btw, I just posted a blurb about virtual reference and library
databases to the new SEW blog.
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/041006-236

cheers,
gary

Quoting george at library.caltech.edu:

<http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/2004_10_03_fosblogarchive.html#a1097
> 07193932218145> or <http://tinyurl.com/64va9>.  Gary Price
> informed me
> about a couple of entries at Search Engine Watch
> <http://searchenginewatch.com/searchday/article.php/3417941> and
> <http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/041006-234>.
>
> I tried Roy Tennant's suggestion of searching Huckleberry Finn.  I
> was
> underwhelmed, but that may be due to the nature of the book
> product
> which was retrieved.  I tried both 'tom sawyer' and ' "tom sawyer"
> '
> (using single quotes in this message to enclose the search terms
> as
> typed).  The string search suppressed the 'Product search results'
> function in Google.  Something which I hadn't noticed previously
> was a
> [definition] link in the bar where the search terms and result set
> are
> described.  In this case, Tom Sawyer is defined
> <http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tom+sawyer&r=67> by
> Dictionary.com.
>
> George S. Porter
> Sherman Fairchild Library of Engineering & Applied Science
> California Institute of Technology
> Mail Code 1-43, Pasadena, CA 91125-4300
> Telephone (626) 395-3409 Fax (626) 431-2681
> http://library.caltech.edu
> contributor http://stlq.info |
> http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/fosblog.html

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Librarian
Gary Price Library Research and Internet Consulting

Visit The ResourceShelf
http://www.resourceshelf.com