[WEB4LIB] RE: Reporting Web usage: what numbers do you use?

John Creech John.Creech at cwu.EDU
Mon Oct 25 18:16:55 EDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, K.G. Schneider wrote:

> The other is to generate some discussion about *why* you use what you use.
> In particular, I have found that statistical packages often have wildly
> variant rules about what a "user session" is.

One thing folks may want to consider, Karen, (and I think sometimes they
forget this or don't know it) is that some of these packages are quite
configurable and you can get a variety of details and snapshots of what
web servers collect.

John Creech, Systems Librarian
Brooks Library, Central Washington University