[WEB4LIB] Re: Mooter search engine

Robin Boulton rboulton at linc.lib.il.us
Mon Nov 22 17:42:13 EST 2004

I compared Mooter and Kartoo (both of which I learned about on this list
over the last week) with two searches:

"Peace like a River Flows" (the book we’re using for our community reading
program this year); and

"miss mouse" (a children's game on our web site).

Although both sites served up results that gave me the information I wanted,
I thought Kartoo did a better job and made the information more easily and
readily accessible (although as an Aussie I really wanted Mooter to be the
better engine :(  )

Anyway I hereby donate my search terms to the public domain in case anyone
is starting to put together a standardized list (a very good idea, I think).

___________________________________
Robin Boulton
rboulton at linc.lib.il.us
IT Manager