[WEB4LIB] RE: Yahoo-OCLC toolbar

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Fri Nov 19 19:17:44 EST 2004

Karen G. Schneider wrote:
> My comments about desiring a ferbish display in Yahoo-see-el-see (in
> considering the FRBRish world, I lean a tad more towards
> RedLightGreen than OpenWorldCat) are based on something I heard when
> [...]
> just sorry that FRBRization is trailing Google/Yahooization,

Has anybody started to implement FRBR?  I'm starting to think that the
thinking from Wikipedia (broad end user cooperation)  and Creative
Commons (standard licensing for open contents) should be baked into
the plan before the work starts.  These issues (who creates the
bibliographic records and who owns them) are not covered in the FRBR
document, are they?  Both Wikipedia and CC are post-dotcom entities,
founded in 2001 and 2002, respectively.  It's a new century.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)