[WEB4LIB] RE: Chronicle article: Google Unveils a Search Engine Focused on Scholarly Materials

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Fri Nov 19 10:37:20 EST 2004

Karen Schneider said:

"I thought it was interesting that the Chronicle reporter used the term
'navel gazing' rather than 'ego surfing.'"

I also thought it was an odd term to use in that context. But to me it
looked like he was quoting someone.

Anyway, in this context I kinda like the term "citation autobiography".
:-)

It was coined by Thomas Nissonger to describe the process of searching
for references to articles/papers written by the searcher.