[WEB4LIB] Chronicle article: Google Unveils a Search Engine Focused on Scholarly Materials

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Fri Nov 19 10:17:55 EST 2004

This email should not have gone to the list. The Chronicle of Higher
Education's web site says, on the screen you see when setting up to
email notification of an article:

"You may use this service to forward Chronicle articles to a colleague
or colleagues. Permission is required to send articles to electronic
mailing lists. (See our copyright statement.)"

Therefore, I must request that before anyone does something like this
again, you request permission from the Chronicle of Higher Education
and that you state that you have received such permission upon posting
such a message to the list. Repeated violation of any Web4Lib policy
(and here I refer specifically to our policy that messages should not
violate copyright) may result in the removal from the list of the
offending party. See <http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/#Policy> for
our policies. Thank you all for your cooperation.
Roy