[WEB4LIB] RE: Software to Access RSS feeds in e-journal database

D.H. Mattison dmattison at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 5 00:22:46 EST 2004

If I understand your question, Bill, TikiWiki lets you subscribe to a feed,
then display the titles and some other information if you wish, within a Web
page. Clickng on the item title takes you to the originating Web site where
you can read the story or the rest of the feed content. See
http://www.davidmattison.ca/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Information+Knowledgist
s+Feeds for what this looks like. If you search Google for "rss php
aggregator" (without the quotes) you'll find pieces of software/scripts out
there that also let you aggregate Atom and/or RSS feeds into a Web site.

Gary Price's Resource Shelf feed doesn't appear to be displaying on my site
because it's an Atom feed and the current version of TikiWiki doesn't
understand that format. Will have to ask him to supply an RSS feed for
backward compatability. :-)

For Karen Schneider and your PDA: have you checked out
http://www.mobilerss.net/index.php ?

David Mattison
Victoria, BC, Canada
dmattison at shaw.ca